Our Services include:
Oculoplastics is a specialized field of medicine that combines the cosmetic principles of plastic surgery with the microsurgery of ophthalmology. Ophthalmologists that pursue this path focus on reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, tear ducts, and orbit, while also being able to provide cosmetic surgery of the eyelids and brows.
Functional (covered by insurance):
- Repair of droopy upper eyelids (ptosis repair)
- Repair of outward or inward sagging eyelids (ectropion and entropion repair)
- Repair of droopy eyebrows
- Reconstruction after cancer removal or traumatic injury
Ptosis Repair - Procedure involving lifting the eyelid and restoring the edge where eyelashes emerge.
Ectropion/Entropion - Conditions of the eye in which the eyelid can be turned out away from the eye (Ectropion) or turned in towards the eye (Entropion). An Ectropion can cause unwanted tearing and constant irritation with discharge. An Entropion causes the eyelashes to rub against the eye.
Cosmetic ( not covered by insurance):
- Removal of extra upper eyelid skin (belpharoplasty)
- Removal of under eye bags and excess skin (lower lid blepharoplasty)
Blepharoplasty - Procedure that removes excess sagging skin and muscle from the eyelids resulting in a more youthful look. This procedure not only shows cosmetic improvement but also can improve peripheral vision.